Fifth Third Bank Review Full Service Banking & More
About Ryan Guina
Ryan Guina is the founder and editor of Cash Money Life. He is a writer, small business owner, and entrepreneur. He served over 6 years on active duty in the USAF and is a current member of the IL Air National Guard.
Ryan started Cash Money Life in 2007 after separating from active duty military service and has been writing about financial, small business, and military benefits topics since then. He also writes about military money topics and military and veterans benefits at The Military Wallet.
Ryan uses Personal Capital to track and manage his finances. Personal Capital is a free software program that allows him to track his net worth, balance his investment portfolio, track his income and expenses, and much more. You can open a free account here.
Chase Sapphire Checking Account Promotion
This offer is expired.
Get a $1,000 bonus when opening or upgrading to a Chase Sapphire Checking account.
To receive your Chase checking account bonus, you will have to transfer at least $75,000 to your newly opened or upgraded account within the first 45 days of account opening and maintain this balance for 90 more days at the very least.
Once the time window is up, you will receive $1,000 within 10 business days to your Chase Sapphire Checking account. This promotion is so easy you can complete it in three easy steps:
What You Need To Know About Chase Banking Bonuses
If you arent a Chase customer already, these bonuses might be enough to jolt you into changing that pretty fast. With several hundred dollars of free cash on the table, each of these offers is enticing on its own. Still, its important to know how these offers work inside and out and how to maximize them. Here are some tips that can help:
Also Check: 15 Pottery Barn Coupon Code
Should You Open A Chase Checking Account
If youre thinking of opening a new checking account, take a closer look at what Chase has to offer. It gives you the convenience of a national bank, including access to thousands of local branches and ATMs across the country. Chase also offers a variety of services such as mortgages, loans and credit cards.
Chase frequently offers promotions to attract new customers, and you might be able to snag a lucrative cash bonus just for opening a new account. Check out the latest Chase promotions before you choose a new account.
This article has been updated with additional reporting since its original publication. This content is not provided by Chase. Any opinions, analyses, reviews or recommendations expressed in this article are those of the author alone and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by Chase.
Information is accurate as of Dec. 14, 2021.
Editorial Note: This content is not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Opinions expressed here are authors alone, not those of the bank advertiser, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. This site may be compensated through the bank advertiser Affiliate Program.
What To Open At Chase
Here are the best Chase banking products to consider:
- Chase Total Checking: As long as you have regular direct deposits from an employer, it’s not too hard to waive the monthly fee for this account. So it’s a solid option if you want a bank with easy access to physical locations.
- Chase College Checking. Chase offers some of best options for students. It’s a great way for young adults to get a head start on managing money.
- Chase 9-11 month CD. If you have at least $10,000 to deposit, Chase offers a very competitive rate on their short-term CD. You can earn a good return without tying up your money for too long.
- Chase credit cards. JPMorgan Chase is best known for their credit card lineup, offering huge welcome bonuses and strong reward programs. Loyal customers like the Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Sapphire Preferred card, and Chase Sapphire Reserve card. These personal cards usually offer a bonus after you spend enough on qualifying transactions within a specific number of months. A good banking relationship may win you some points when applying for a credit card.
Don’t Miss: Usairport Parking Denver Colorado
Chase Premier Plus Checkingsm
- Enjoy $300 as a new Chase checking customer, when you open a Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM account and set up direct deposit.
- Get $300, more benefits, and earn interest on your new Chase checking account.
- The $25 Monthly Service Fee is waived when you keep an average beginning day balance of $15,000 or more in any combination of this account and linked qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances.
- No Chase fee on first four non-Chase ATM transactions per statement period.
- Earn interest on your checking account balance.
- Access to over 16,000 Chase ATMs and 5,100 branches.
- Apply online in minutes. Open your account online now.
: 0.01% effective as of 12/21/18. Interest rates are variable and subject to change.
: $5 per withdrawal and $2.50 for any transfers or inquiries at ATMs outside the U.S., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Fees from the ATM owner still apply
Chases Monthly Account Fees
Not all Chase checking accounts have monthly service fees, but those that do charge anywhere from $4.95 to $25. Some of these fees can be waived it you meet certain criteria. You can also get hit with fees for using non-Chase ATMs, replacing cards or making purchases outside the U.S.
You can avoid monthly service fees by maintaining minimum balance requirements, receiving qualifying direct deposits or linking your account to your Chase mortgage. Your deposit account agreement provides specific instructions on how to avoid fees on your account.
Don’t Miss: Helzberg Diamonds Coupon Code
Pnc Bank Business Checking Or Business Checking Plus $200 Cash Bonus
New PNC Bank business checking account holders may qualify for a $200 bonus offer available through the end of the first quarter of 2021. Heres how it works:
- Open an eligible account by .
- Maintain a $5,000 average cycle balance for each of the first three statement cycles.
- Complete 20 or more total qualifying debit card transactions within the first three statement cycles.
You should receive a $200 cash bonus in your new account within 90 days after completing these qualifying activities.
This offer is available nationwide.
Chase Total Checking Account $200 Bonus
How to avoid monthly maintenance fee
Chase Total Checking is the basic checking account available from Chase. It has a monthly fee of $12, which can be waived with any of the following:
- Direct deposit a total of $500 or more per month
- Maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,500 or more
- Maintain a combined beginning day balance of $5,000 or more in linked qualifying deposits/investments
You May Like: My Name Necklace Coupon
You Invest By Jp Morgan $200 $350 $725 Bonuses
Chase is offering up to a $725 bonus when you open a You Invest Trade account and complete certain requirements.
- Account Type: You Invest Account
- Direct Deposit Requirement: No
- Monthly Service Fee: None
The information for the You InvestSM account has been collected independently by HustlerMoneyBlog. The product details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the bank.
With You Invest, you have two options. You can trade on your own or have your portfolios managed by a team of experts at J.P. Morgan. By opening an account today you can earn up to a $650 bonus simply by funding the account.
How To Earn The Bonus
HOW TO EARN BONUSACCOUNT FEATURESWAIVE THE MONTHLY FEEFINE PRINT
- Open a You Invest Trade account through the link provided above.
- Fund your account with qualifying new money within 45 days and on day 45 your incentive tier will be determined.
- If you maintain the balance for 90 days, Chase will deposit your bonus within 10 business days.
- Bonuses will be determined by your total fund amount as follows:
- Chase You Invest Mobile Application- use the application wherever you are and monitor trading.
- The account must maintain at least a $25,000 balance for at least 90 days from the date of funding .
- Fund, transfer or roll over your investments
- Access insights and education from J.P. Morgan
- Get tools that help you make good choices
- Diversify investments with Portfolio Builder
There are no monthly fees with this account.
Should You Open A Chase Business Complete Banking Account
There is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to business bank accounts. Yet whether youre just starting out or running a large, well-established corporation, a Chase Business Complete Banking account might be a good fit for your business checking needs.
A few reasons you may want to consider a Chase Business Complete Banking account include:
- You value the simplicity of having personal and business banking options with a single institution.
- The ability to access Chases vast network of in-person branches and fee-free ATMs works well with the way you do business.
- You appreciate the banks user-friendly mobile, online banking solutions and options for electronic deposits.
- Monthly service fees likely wont apply to you based on the way you manage your business banking accounts.
- Accepting limited electronic payments each month would make it easier for your business to collect payments from third-party vendors or otherwise.
- Youre in the market for a new business checking account anyway and want to take advantage of the $300 new account bonus.
Of course, its smart to do your research and shop around before you open a new business bank account with Chase Bank or anyone else.
If youre like most small business owners, youre likely to set up a new bank account and then stay put for some time. So, take your time and compare whats available before you officially apply.
You May Like: Pottery Barn Coupon Code 15 Off
How To Earn The $2000 Bonus
HOW TO EARN BONUSACCOUNT FEATURESWAIVE THE MONTHLY FEEFINE PRINT
- Enter your email address on the offer page to receive your Upgrade Code.
- Meet with a Private Client Banker to upgrade your account to Chase Private Client.
- Within 45 days, transfer a total of $250,000 or more in qualifying new money or securities to a combination of eligible checking, savings and/or investment accounts, and maintain the balance for at least 90 days.
- Receive $2,000 within 30 business days. Your money will be direct deposited into your account.
- There are no monthly fees for being a Chase Private Client. Just maintain the minimum $250,000 relationship balance in your qualifying accounts.
- Offer not available to existing Chase Private Client customers.
- Ineligible accounts: any You Invest accounts, Certificates of Deposit, insurance products fixed and variable annuities 529 College Savings Plans any retirement accounts such as Traditional and Roth IRAs, Keogh, Simple IRAs, and 401 Plans.
- The qualifying new money or securities must be transferred from non-Chase or J.P. Morgan accounts and cannot be funds or securities held by Chase or its affiliates.
- You can only participate in one Chase Private Client Checking, Sapphire Checking or You Invest new money bonus in a 12 month period.
- Coupon is good for one time use.
- Bonuses are considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT .
Existing Versus New Customers
Most Chase bonus offers only apply to new customers.
That means you’re not eligible if you currently have an existing account in that product category or if you’ve closed an account in that category within the past 90 days.
For example, having an existing Chase Total Checking® account would not exclude you from opening a Chase Business Complete Banking account and receiving that account’s welcome bonus. But having a Chase Total Checking® account would exclude you from earning a Chase Secure Banking welcome bonus.
Also Check: Canopy Parking Coupon Dia
Is Chase Total Checking Worth The $12 Monthly Fee
A Chase Total Checking account isnt right for everyone. Therefore, its essential to consider both the advantages and disadvantages of getting one. For example, the bank makes it relatively easy to get the monthly service fee waived. But if your financial situation makes it hard to skip the fee every month, you may want to look for a checking account thats truly free.
Also, it isnt an interest-bearing account. While this isnt uncommon for checking accounts, there are several credit unions and online banks that offer interest-bearing checking accounts.
You can get a Chase Savings account, which offers interest, but the annual percentage yield is a measly 0.01% you can find rates upwards of 1.00% APY with several other banks and credit unions.
As an example, Axos Rewards Checking is an online-only checking account that offers customers a 1.00% APY. However with Axos Bank, you wont have access to in-branch customer service, and the online bank generally does not offer checking bonus for new customers.
How To Earn The $225 Bonus
HOW TO EARN THE BONUSACCOUNT FEATURESWAIVE THE MONTHLY FEESFINE PRINT
- Apply directly online or in-branch using your personalized coupon generated from the offer page.
- Open a Chase Total Checking® account.
- Set up a qualifying direct deposit into this account within 90 days of account opening. There is no stated minimum direct deposit amount required for the offer. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits from your employer or the government.
- Once the above requirements are met, the Chase Total Checking Bonus will be deposited within 15 business days.
- Important: If your Checking account is closed by you or by Chase within six months after opening, they will deduct the bonus amount at closing.
- New Chase checking customers enjoy a $225 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking® account and set up direct deposit
- Access to 16,000 Chase ATMs and more than 4,700 branches
- Chase Mobile® app Manage your accounts, deposit checks, transfer money and more all from your device.
- Open your account online now
- Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
- Overdraft Services no fee if youre overdrawn by $50 or less at the end of the business day*
- *We charge a $34 Insufficient Funds Fee per item during our nightly processing beginning with the first item that overdraws your account balance by more than $50 .
Recommended Reading: 15 Off Pottery Barn Promo Code
What Is The Minimum Balance For A Chase Account
Chase Checking Minimum Balance:Chase Total Checking: Maintain a $1,500 average beginning day balance or maintain a $5,000 beginning daily average balance across all accounts.Chase College Checking: Maintain an average beginning day balance of $5,000.Chase Premier Plus Checking: Maintain a $15,000 average beginning day balance across all accounts.More items…
$300 Chase Premier Plus Checking Account Bonus
- What youll get: $300 bonus. This offer is being targeted by Chase via email and ads.
- Where its available: Available online nationwide except in Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. For branch locations, visit locator.chase.com.
- How to earn it: Open your Chase Premier Plus Checking account and make your first direct deposit into this account within 60 days. Apply online or in-branch with your coupon.
- When it expires: 10/14/2020
The information for the Chase Premier Plus Checking account has been collected independently by MoneysMyLife. The product details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the bank.
How To Earn The $300 Bonus
- Open a new Chase Premier Plus CheckingSM Account online. If you prefer to open in-branch, be sure to use the offer page to print out a personalized coupon.
- Have a direct deposit made to this account within 60 days of account opening. There is no specified minimum direct deposit amount.
- After all requirements are met, youll receive the bonus deposited into your account within 10 business days.
- *Very important!* If this checking account is closed by either you or Chase within six months after opening, your bonus will be deducted at closing!
You must do AT LEAST ONE of the following each statement period to avoid the Monthly Service Fee:
Also Check: Pottery Barn Coupon March 2015
Does Chase Bank Offer Student Credit Cards
Chase Total Checking: $225 Bonus
- How to earn the bonus: When you open a Chase Total Checking account and establish direct deposit within 90 days of coupon enrollment, youll earn a cash bonus of $225. The coupon is available on the Chase website, and you may have the option to open the account either online or in person.
- When youll receive the bonus: Youll receive the bonus in your account within 15 days of meeting the requirements.
- The fine print: Current Chase checking customers are not eligible for this bonus. It is also not offered to those whose Chase accounts have been closed within 90 days or whose accounts have been closed with a negative balance within the previous three years. Customers are allowed one bonus every two years for opening an account.
- When this offer expires: Oct. 18, 2021
Don’t Miss: Pottery Barn Discount Code