Penguins In The Audubon Aquarium Of The Americas
The Audubon Aquarium of the Americas penguins are South American rockhopper penguins with yellow head-plumes and the black-footed African penguins. The exhibit has a large glass enclosure with a rocky habitat as well as a large pool for the penguins to enjoy.
This is one of the most popular exhibits in the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas and guests can also enjoy a close encounter with these penguins with a backstage pass.
The Geaux Fish Gallery
This is one of the new galleries in the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas New Orleans Louisiana and it highlights the fishing industry in Louisiana. There are interactive games and stations where kids can explore and enjoy.
The gallery has many displays featuring a variety of bait fish which are used to make meals and fish oil. The largest display is the Louisiana Fish Tagging program that has some fine specimens of red-drums, sheep head, speckled trout and several others.
There is another interactive exhibit in the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas that lets guests use a virtual reel and identify local fishes and get on a fishing boat. The guests can also touch the stingrays and feed them in the shallow pool.
More On Aquarium Of The Americas:
Aquarium Americas Highlights:
- Adventure Island action-packed interactive play zone
- FROGS! features milk frogs, poison dart frogs and other favorite amphibians
- Penguins features two species of warm-water penguins: African black-footed penguins and Rockhopper penguins.
- Sea Otters SEA OTTER FEEDINGS daily
- Horses and Dragons from the Sea seahorse encounters with incredible creatures like the seadragons
- White Alligator 18 rare white alligators found in a Louisiana swamp in 1987
- Caribbean Reef Discover the creatures of North and South Americas underwater!
- You Aquarium experience includes one nature documentary movie at Entergy Giant Screen Theater
- Adventure Island An exhibit designed for fun and exploration, Adventure Island is an action-packed interactive play zone designed to give everyone from the small fry to the captain a day of fun and learning. Admission to Adventure Island is free with paid Aquarium admission.
Sea Otters:The Aquarium is home to two Southern sea otters, Buck and Emma. The Southern Sea Otter is most commonly found in waters of the North Pacific or central California a perfect habitat for these animals who like to spend most of their day playing in the kelp forests. These two sea otters came from Monterey Bay Aquarium in California when they became unable to live on their own in the wild. AQUARIUM AMERICAS SEA OTTER FEEDINGS: 2:00 p.m. daily!
Recommended Reading: Pottery Barn Coupon Code 2020
Tourist Attraction Discount Passes
Discount passes work by allowing you to purchase admission to multiple attractions and tours upfront, which gives you a great bundled discount.
The Audubon Aquarium is included for free or a discount of up to 50% on most of the attraction passes available for purchase.
Tickets are included in these passes:
In addition to all the great Audubon locations you can visit for free, these passes also include admission to the following locations at no extra cost:
- Paddlewheeler Creole Queen Cruise
- And more!
Even if you only plan to visit a few of these attractions in addition to the Audubon Aquarium, chances are you’ll be able to save a lot of money on tickets by using a tourist discount pass.
To read a full comparison of the tourist pass benefits you can get with a tourist discount pass, take a look at our full post.
Parking For Audubon Aquarium Of The Americas
Audubon Aquarium of the Americas does not have its own parking lot. However, there are several parking areas nearby.
There are various options guests can use including parking tools such as SpotHero which provides live parking options as well as price comparison.
There are also discounted parking lots with prices ranging from $3 to $21 for 6 hours to full-day parking. For Audubon Aquarium of the Americas New Orleans parking, you can choose from any of the following parking garages that are within walking distance from the aquarium.
- Hilton Whale Wall Lot 728 Convention Center Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70130
- Badine Lot 111 Rue Iberville St., New Orleans, LA 70130
- Premium Parking Garage at Canal Place 333 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130
- Metered parking is also available but guests should read the signs carefully before parking their vehicles as parking rules vary throughout the city.
Recommended Reading: Helzberg Diamonds Coupon
New Orleans Aquarium Highlights
See the penguins at the New Orleans aquarium swim and play in their very own penguin habitat
The Audubon Aquariums simulated habitats listed above are truly top notch, which is a huge credit to the zookeepers and scientists on staff. From animal husbandry experts to biologists and top-tier veterinarians, the pros with the New Orleans Audubon Parks and Aquariums are some of the hardest working folks you will find anywhere!
With that being said, you can rest assured that each trip to this amazing aquarium should yield high-quality experiences, happy animals, and unforgettable family memories. Every trip to the New Orleans Aquarium is special, and no two trips are exactly the same. Some sights, scenes, and sounds you can expect to encounter include:
- Gulf of Mexico Exhibit
Stingrays swimming by just waiting to say, Hi at the New Orleans Aquarium
Money-saving New Orleans Aquarium discounts are ready when you are! Once the E-voucher has been purchased online, be sure to have it available on your mobile phone or print out along with a valid photo ID. Use the following New Orleans Aquarium discounts and coupons for the cheapest admission prices:
Is The Aquarium Accessible
The Audubon Aquarium is handicap accessible and they do their best to accommodate disabled visitors.
In addition to stairs, guests can also choose to take either an elevator or an escalator to reach the second floor. A limited number of wheelchairs are also available for those who might need them.
Families with younger children will be glad to hear that strollers are allowed inside the Aquarium. If you dont have one, they are actually sold in the gift shop.
Budding photographers are also welcome to bring their cameras and perform flash photography of all the animals on display.
Read Also: Name Necklace Discount Code
Audubon Aquarium Of The Americas Theatre
Entergy Giant Screen Theatre is the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas iMax theatre featuring 327 front row seats with state-of-the-art Dolby Atmos multi-dimensional sound system. The theatre also has a 5 1/2-story screen with a 4K digital projection system.
Experience larger than life adventures with one of the worlds most advanced motion picture technology.
Audubon Aquarium Visiting Tips
- Book your Audubon Aquarium of the Americas tickets online to save time and skip the lines. Visitors can also buy the tickets from an off-site ticket counter.
- The best time to visit the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas New Orleans is during the weekdays in the afternoon.
- During the month of March to May it is best to visit in the early part of the week after 2:30PM to avoid school groups and field trips.
- The Audubon Aquarium of the Americas is usually less crowded from September to January, this would be the best time to visit if you want to explore the exhibits at your own pace.
- The Audubon Aquarium of the Americas New Orleans allows strollers and wheelchairs inside the facility. There are some complimentary wheelchairs as well for those who may need them.
- The Aquarium does not allow outside food and drinks within its premises.
- The Audubon Aquarium of the Americas is a smoke-free property.
- The information booth of the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas is located in the Lobby and it provides information like Audubon Aquarium of the Americas maps, daily schedules of feedings and shows, etc.
- Wheelchairs are available at the information booth as well as the Lost and Found and Hand-stamp for re-entry and parking validation.
- All the pathways along the exhibits of the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas New Orleans is handicap accessible.
Recommended Reading: Bariatric Food Source Coupon
Hilton New Orleans Riverside
This 4-star hotel is within walking distance from the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas New Orleans. It is located in the Central Business District hence close to other attractions of the city as well.
The property has 2 outdoor pools, 3 restaurants and 2 bars, indoor and outdoor tennis courts and other amenities.
New Orleans Audubon Aquarium Exhibits
This stunning enclosure at the Audubon Aquarium features sharks, rays, and whales
Just steps away from the festivities of the historic French Quarter, the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas awaits with a long list of incredible exhibits and spectacular displays of marine wildlife! One of the most affordable NOLA parks, and one of the best ways to fill your days in the Crescent City, the Aquarium of the Americas is fun, informative, and beautiful. From otters to penguins, sharks, and rays, enjoy an afternoon deep-diving the inner workings of marine habitats from the Gulf of Mexico on down to the Amazon and beyond.
Now you can explore the Aquarium of the Americas for less with TripShock! Your general admission ticket gives you an all-access pass to all of the exhibits, making this deal an affordable option for those traveling on a budget. While youre there, deep-dive these 5 cant-miss exhibits at the Aquarium of the Americas for optimal enjoyment and fun!
Read Also: My Name Necklace Discount
Mortons The Steakhouse New Orleans
This is one of the most popular steakhouses in the country and it specializes in classic fares. It is famous for its favourite cuts and 24-ounce porterhouse, a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12-ounce double cut filet.
The menu also features several delectable items such as fresh fish, lobsters and chicken.
Career At The Audubon Aquarium Of The Americas
Audubon Aquarium of the Americas jobs offer excellent career opportunities for those interested in animal husbandry, aquarist, research assistant and several other positions. The Audubon Aquarium of the Americas LA internships programs in the various departments of the facility.
Placements are available in animal care, conservation, education, volunteer management, administration and many others. Applicants must be at least 18 years old. These internship programs last for about 12 weeks while advanced placements can last upto six months for qualified interns.
To learn more about the various openings visit the official website:
Don’t Miss: Speed Oil Change Coupon
Entergy Giant Screen Theater
Boasting a 4k digital projection system and state-of-the-art Dolby Atmos multi-dimensional sound, the Entergy Giant Screen Theater is often used to air special films and documentaries about aquatic life around the world.
Some of their screenings are offered in 3D, making the experience even more fun and interesting for viewers.
At any given time, they could be running 3 or more films at once, giving you a variety of entertainment to choose from depending on when you visit.
Your ticket for the Aquarium includes admission to the Entergy Theater, so you may want to consider planning your trip around the movie showtimes.
When they get a new film, you can usually expect at least 4-5 different showings per day. For more information on showtimes, check their Now Showing section.
More On Aquarium Of The Americas Plus Audubon Zoo:
Aquarium Americas Audubon Zoo Highlights:
- Amazing animals, exhibits, live animal presentations and hands-on animal encounters
- Ride the Zoos Endangered Species Carousel, Simulator and Swamp Train
- Rock Climbing Wall climb to the top of the new rock wall for a birds eye view of the Zoo
- Adventure Island action-packed interactive play zone at the Aquarium
- Sea Otter feedings daily
- Horses and Dragons from the Sea
- You Aquarium experience includes one nature documentary movie at Entergy Giant Screen Theater
- The Audubon Nature Institute offers a double attraction package with the Audubon Zoo and the Audubon Aquarium.
Audubon Zoo:Home to more than 1,300 animals! Want to learn more about these amazing creatures? You will at the Audubon Zoo! One of the countrys top-ranked zoos, Audubon Zoo blends the exotic excitement of animals from around the globe with the serenity of its lush gardens. With innovative natural habitat exhibits and an animal collection ranging from the unique white alligators to the extraordinary white tigers, Audubon Zoo has become one of the Gulf Souths favorite family gathering spots.
In addition to the amazing animals, exhibits, live animal presentations and hands-on animal encounters you can ride the Endangered Species Carousel, Simulator and Swamp Train. You can also shop in our fabulous Audubon Marketplace gift shop!
Recommended Reading: Pottery Barn Promotions
New Orleans Audubon Aquarium Of The Americas Coupons Discounts And Promo Codes
Save money by comparing prices for New Orleans Audubon Aquarium of the Americas and get a discounted price with these promotion codes, coupons, and special offers. At New Orleans Travel Coupons, you can compare the cheapest prices of all the major travel websites and the best price from the official Aquarium of the Americas to find the best price for your tour. If you dont find the cheapest price you wish to pay for your admission, set the lowest price alert and be notified when the price drops to your desired price point.
National Aquarium Military Discount
The National Aquarium provides tickets to military bases nationwide through their consignment ticket program. For the best available rates, they encourage active duty, reserve and retired members of the United States military to check with their local MWR or ITT office for details.
In addition, the National Aquarium offers special on-site ticket pricing of $34.95 for guests with active military ID. Active military personnel and their dependents who are eligible for adult admission rates can receive this discount by presenting their military ID in person at the box office.
Visit the National Aquarium website for more details.
Military.com provides discount information as a service to our members. We make every effort to ensure accuracy, but are not liable for the availability of discounts provided by a third party. Discounts may vary by location. The discount provider may track how you navigated to their site, but we do not share personal information with them.
You May Like: Prednisolone Eye Drops Coupon
Audubon Aquarium Review And Ticket Price Discount
Built in 1990, the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas is located at the foot of Canal St, in New Orleans on the Mississippi Riverfront adjacent to the French Quarter and right in the heart of Downtown New Orleans.
The Audubon Aquarium of the Americas New Orleans is run by the Audubon Institute which is dedicated to the study and appreciation of Nature.
The Audubon Institute also runs the Audubon Zoo, Audubon Butterfly Garden and Insectarium, the Audubon Louisiana Nature Center.
The Audubon Aquarium is home to some of the most incredible exhibits that showcases different underworld habitats from around the world.
The Aquarium is highly interactive, Sensory Inclusive and wheelchair and stroller accessible. There are engagement stations around every exhibit and they will constantly provide interesting facts about the inhabitants of these exhibits.
Aquarium is home to a host of fabulous and unique marine animals including sharks, stingrays, moray eels, sea horses, jellyfish, clownfish and several others.
Besides the aquatic animals the Audubon Aquarium of the Americascanal street New Orleans LA has rare and endangered animals such as the white alligator, colorful frogs, African penguins, parakeets and others.
The aquarium offers a range of experiences for its visitors such as touching and feeding the stingrays, meeting the penguins and sharing some fun moments with the sea otters.
To know more about the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas click on the video link below:
Gulf Of Mexico Exhibit
This is the largest exhibit in the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas New Orleans 17 feet deep and filled with pilings covered in barnacles. There is a quarter-scale replica of an oil rig and the tank is teeming with schools of fish, stingrays, a green sea turtle and two toothy sand tiger sharks.
There are also brown sharks and nurse sharks which are mild natured and mostly bottom dwellers in this exhibit at the Aquarium. The tank also has Tarpons which also has the amazing ability to go up to the water surface for air to fill their swim bladders.
The tarpons are able to extract oxygen this way besides using their gills. The tarpons survived the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas hurricane Katrina because of this ability when the life support system of the aquarium was greatly damaged.
Recommended Reading: Helzberg Diamonds Promo Code
Audubon Aquarium Of The Americas Membership
Audubon Aquarium of the Americas New Orleans offers several membership packages to suit the requirement of different types of visitors.
- Individual Membership to the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas New Orleans gives free admission and benefits for one adult at the cost of $138 and for senior citizens over 65 years is available for $77.
- Individual Plus gives free admission and benefits for two adults with the same address or one adult and one guest at the rate of $165. The Senior Senior Individual Plus Memberships for two adults of 65 and above years are available for $94
- The Audubon Aquarium of the Americas New Orleans Louisiana offers Family Memberships that extends the benefits to two adults and upto six children at the cost of $220.
- The Audubon Aquarium of the Americas cost of a Safari Krewe Membership is $330 and benefits include two adults, upto six children, two guests, two caregivers and six extra one-time tickets.
- The Golden Eagle Membership cost is $550 and includes benefits for two adults, upto six children, six guests, two caregivers, eight one time extra use tickets, free rides on the zoo train for four people and one gift family membership.
To learn more about the different Audubon Aquarium of the Americas New Orleans Louisiana Membership plans, benefits and conditions log on to the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas website by